Thursday, April 12, 2012

Looper.

Seriously, I can't even recognize Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
This movie looks great, yo.
I was going to make a giant master post regarding Gary Ross leaving the Hunger Games franchise, but I deemed this more important. There is a movie that's coming out called "Looper". Look at this BAMFing poster.

Looper. You can watch the trailer here since it's on Apple Trailers and I can't find a trailer on youtube.

I'm all for futuristic movies where things are kind of old school and instead of progressing we've regressed. Needless to say, it looks awesome. This is the reason I wish I could go to all the film festivals and see these movies ahead of time. Regardless, I'm looking forward to it. Comes out in September. I can barely recognize Joe Go Levitt in the trailer--half the time he was on the screen I wasn't sure that it was actually him and I had to do double takes! The synopsis provided on Apple Trailers goes as such:

In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented - but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past, where a "looper" - a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) - is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good... until the day the mob decides to "close the loop," sending back Joe's future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. The film is written and directed by Rian Johnson and also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels. Ram Bergman and James D. Stern produce.

SEE DOESN'T THAT SOUND AWESOME?! Yes. Yes it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment