Monday, April 16, 2012

Cabin In The Woods.

Here's a tip: if your jocky friend says that you should go spend a weekend with some friends at an abandoned cabin in the woods, don't do it. For the love of God, don't do it!

For your reference, this is a spoiler-free review.

Friday night my friend and I went to see the Joss Whedon movie (ALL HAIL JOSS WHEDON. *bows*) and let me just say that we were blown away. I'm disappointed that it was third at the box office behind Three Stooges and The Hunger Games (isn't everyone bored of that movie yet?) but I thought it was great and so we took another friend to see it again on Saturday.

The problem with this movie is that there are not a whole lot of things that I can say about it without completely giving away the story, but I will say that this movie was incredibly smart. Whedon has a penchant for suspense that makes this movie unlike other horror movies. I mean, it was funny. But not like other horror movies are funny in the way that they're so dumb that they're hilarious, the way the suspense was presented and the comic relief that one of the characters provided made the movie scary but awesome. It's not what you expect, and it's not just a regular horror story. It was brilliant.

Seriously--there aren't really any good movies coming out in the next few weeks, so you should go catch this. I've seen it twice and I would be more than happy to see it again because it was that good.

I mean, this movie is holding me over until Avengers comes out in three weeks. THREE WEEKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment