Monday, February 27, 2012

OSCARS. OSCARS. OSCARS.

You know, last night I had seriously considered going here and liveblogging my thoughts on the Oscars, but here's pretty much what my train of thought ended up being:

HUGO!
HUGO!
HUGO!
lol "you go. NO, HUGO!"
Aw, shit, Danny Elfman! Hans Zimmer!
The Artist isn't winning shit.
Oh wait, The Artist won best picture.
Still, it lost in every other category.
OCTAVIA. HELLS TO THE YES.
CHRIS ROCK! "They tell me to say "it's getting dark outside." "IT'S GETTING DARK OUTSIDE. AND THEN THEY GIVE ME A MILLION DOLLARS".
ROBERT. DOWNEY. JR. IS. A. BEAUTIFUL. HUMAN. BEING. ON THE REAL.

Yeah, that's pretty much what my reactions were like. So, if you follow me on Twitter, that's what you got. A lot of caps lock and a lot of me freaking out about Pepper Potts and Tony Stark being on stage and presenting an Oscar together. IT'S LIKE AVENGERS SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE PROMOTIONS. Some things are just too perfect for this world to contain.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever told you guys that my dream is to become an Oscar-winning cinematographer (I was very pleased with Hugo taking the win for that one). I also want to have a Michael Bay-esque budget for a movie and blow a ton of stuff up, just for shits and giggles.

In the way of presenters, I was happy to see Christian Bale, Chris ROCK, Emma Stone (her bit was priceless, she's so cute), and, of course, Robert Downey Jr. and Gwenyth Paltrow. Now, I love me some Bradley Cooper, but what the hell was on his face? I don't understand. I didn't understand. I wish it would go away. ): Also: JLo and Cameron Diaz were TOO cute.

Meryl Streep's acceptance speech was too great. ("Whatever.")

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo won for editing (which I appreciated, that movie was phe-nom-e-nal), and Sound Mixing, Sound Editing and Visual Effects all went to Hugo, which I appreciated. As big a Harry Potter fan as I am, I was happy to see that Hugo won because that movie was great.

You can check out the full list of winners here at Oscars.com. In other news, there's a new Avengers trailer coming out this week and frankly, that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment