Sunday, January 22, 2012

A good movie that we saw this summer:

Magneto's "bitch, I run this shit" face

X-Men: First Class. Now, I enjoy most of the X-Men films (except for the hot mess that was the last one, X-3, it's like 'What were they thinking'?) (and except for Wolverine but we don't talk about that one), but for the most part, I enjoy them. And even if I didn't enjoy the movie, I enjoyed Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Gandalf as Magneto, and Captain Picard as Professor Xavier.

Anyway. First Class featured a WHOLE new cast of players (though we still loved Jackman's "fuck off" cameo), each of which were very wonderful. James McAvoy as Professor X (I can't get over him in this movie. He made me want to laugh so much because he's always like "Mutants! lol, mutants are so cool and funny"), Michael Fassbender as Magneto? I mean, it was just so wonderful. It was a great 'intro' movie to the story of Charles and Erik. Plus, KEVIN BACON IS IN THIS MOVIE. WHAT MORE CAN WE ASK FOR? But, as a longtime fan of the X-Men franchise, this movie certainly didn't disappoint. And we went to see it with a group of people, which made it more fun. Sure, there were a few inaccuracies, but for the most part it was very entertaining. Though, I did not care for January Jones as Emma Frost. It went through the rise and, in a way, 'fall' of Erik and Charles' bromance friendship, how they acquired mutants. I distinctly remember saying after this movie that I desperately wanted to be an X-Man and that I was contemplating quitting my regular life to conquer this quest.

And that's all for the first installment of "A Good Movie That We Saw This Summer'. Back to channel surfing on the space couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment