Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fight for your honor! Fight for your future! Fight... for immortality!


Okay, so I think the first time we saw this trailer was during... maybe X-Men First Class? Probably earlier, but I mean, there are so many good things about this movie. Ancient stuff. Hyperion. The dude who plays Ares. Henry Cavill. The other dude that plays the one dude in Three Musketeers (Luke Evans. Who I thought was Professor X. THEY LOOK SO MUCH ALIKE, OKAY?) I know I'm being so specific right now.

And while it didn't get rave reviews, we certainly thought it was pretty awesome. Especially in 3D, and I'm not usually a big fan of 3D movies (I mean, it's like 13.75.) The gods were dressed all in gold. It was all about Theseus. There's a lot of kicking and Mickey Rourke has a cool helmet and man, if I could get my hands on a bow like there is in the movie, man, I totally would. Now, sure, the story was probably pretty stale. But as far as I know, this movie was awesome. It was a lot of fighting and people dancing around in their metal armor and so much slo-mo (I'm a sucker for slo-mo. I love slo-mo.) The editing and the cinematography was great.

I mean, all this movie needed was a good "THIS. IS. SPARTA." (though, I guess their equivalent to it was probably the whole "fight for your honor. fight for your future. fight for immortality!" deal.) and some Gerard Butler in a damn red cape to make this movie the pinnacle of awesomeness.

Immortals is on DVD March 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment