Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ah, yes, so, The Lorax, John Carter, Avengers, 21 Jump Street.

Yes, I realise I'm behind in this because unfortunately I have a job where I sit at a computer all day and sometimes I just get so lost in the abyss of the internet that I ... forget. But leave me alone, because the Hunger Games comes out in less than 2 weeks and if I was any more excited about that movie I might just scream or something.

But the Lorax was really cute. I've seen the previous cartoon version, and since I'm stuck in my ways like an old fart, I, of course thought that one was better. I'm also in my early 20s so going to a movie on a Friday night that's geared towards children was just asking to be surrounded by shrieking. But overall, I enjoyed the film. I think that its darker tones actually spread a good message about what the Lorax is actually all about, even if the musical numbers were oddly placed (you'd think I'd be used to random singing, I watch Glee all the time). Danny DeVito was funny as the furry orange dude with a mustache, and while I love Zac Efron I couldn't get over the fact that he's my age and was voicing a kid. It was just a wee bit weird for me and I couldn't get over it for the entire movie. Yes, it was a little pedantic at times but it's a movie geared towards little kids. What do you expect? The animation was good and the kids really seemed to like it, so I guess all was well.

John Carter, on the other hand, was a snoozefest.

Those aside, I'm looking forward to 21 Jump Street this Friday. Also, Avengers tickets went on sale in select markets yesterday and go out nationwide (I think.) on Friday. Avengers is in theaters May 4th.

In TV, I've finally got my hands on a copy of season 1 of Shameless and am making my way through that. I'm still whittling my way through seasons 7 and 8 of 24. Touch is showing this Thursday on Fox again, and Hawaii Five-0 is new next week so I'm thinkin' that it's gon' be a good week.

And, you know, The Hunger Games comes out next week so we've got that and all I guess. I guess that could be exciting. Maybe. Kind of. I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment