Tuesday, February 14, 2012

STAR WARS EPISODE 1. And other pressing matters.

We all know how I feel about the prequels.

But I will say that Phantom Menace in 3D was actually quite good. I mean, okay. Despite the obvious problems (the .... storyline?) the 3D conversion was great, in particular for the podracing scene and the Duel of the Fates. And really I think I was just more pumped about seeing Star Wars up on the big screen again than I was for the 3d, but we got some SWEET 3D GLASSES OUT OF THE DEAL and a dad dressed his kids up as Yoda and Vader and it was the cutest thing in the world. I praised him as the best father in the world, though now that I think of it I feel it might have been a little premature to dress the kid as Vader since ... well, you know, that cute little kid that could not act for the life of him in the movie kind of turns into this angry brooding man-boy.

However I will contend that I wore my "Damn Right I Shot First" shirt to the movie. Damn right I did.

In other news. Marvel released a line of Avengers toys and they're cute. I mean, they're really cute. JUST LOOK AT LOKI WITH HIS MIGHTY F-150. I don't even play with Legos anymore but I may just buy these just to put them together and keep them as badass collectors items.

Or to take them to the movie with me and, you know, act like a boss in the movie when Loki comes driving up in this thing. Loki is just my favorite. Legos are cool, Avengers are awesome, and shit just got real.

In other news, nothing too much else interesting has happened in life this week. I'll have a midweek roundup for you tomorrow including a review of The Vow (hint: it'll be two words long).

And I'm still watching 24. Finished season 1 (totally forgot that Jack's wife died in the last episode and the season ended with him finding her body) (....spoiler alert), but I'm halfway through season 2 right now and he's up and at em, being a badass, kicking ass and taking names while working for CTU on a provisional basis. Because it's always a provisional basis.

In addition, I've added "crossing Jack Bauer in a dark alley under ANY circumstances" to my short list of "things that i never want to happen to me".

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment